Monday, April 7, 2014

Salem Hospital






Today I went by Salem Hospital. Salem Hospital was built in 1873 by Captain John Bertram. Bertram gave 25,000 dollars plus his brick mansion to build Salem Hospital on Charter Street. They later went on to build the new Salem Hospital on Highland Ave in 1917. Salem Hospital is now called North Shore Medical Center. I was born in Salem Hospital and I have gotten many broken bones fixed in Salem Hospital. I have also gotten my tonsil's out there too. I think my grandma also had a nursing program there when she was going to nursing school (she went to Whidden Memorial Hospital for her schooling.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Shore_Medical_Center


1 comment:

  1. Nice blog Jeff. At the Salem Hospital, I used to go there when I have ear infections. Also on the new part of the building built around ten years ago, I had surgery there.

    ReplyDelete