Thursday, April 13, 2017


Kelly’s Roast Beef



Kelly's Roast Beef first opened in 1951 by the McCarthy and Carey family, Kelly’s has been a revere staple for the last 66 years. With five locations starting from historic Revere Beach all the way up to Natick. Known for its roast beef and chowder Kelly’s has stood the test of time, nothing says summer like getting your first burger on the beach with your friends enjoying the day. I remember my very first job was at Kelly’s and there is a life force to the place, from the moment you walk in there to the moment you go home it is one of the main things that makes Revere beach what it is. If you haven’t been to Kelly’s at Revere Beach it will change your world, you have to start with the original, maybe its nostalgia maybe it’s the salt in the air, or maybe it’s just the sun hitting your face on the first day of summer but you’re not truly from the area unless you go to Kelly’s. Then head to Kells Kreme for an ice cream cone.

4 comments:

  1. I love Kelly's and will have to go check out the original restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love Kelly's and had no idea it was this old. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a lifeguard on Revere Beach in the 1980s and my section line ended right in front of Kelly's. I ate many a fish plate, they were cheap in those days, and those were the days I could eat as much as I wanted. Back then, they did not use cash registers, and only hired boys from local high schools who excelled at adding up lots of numbers and applying a sales tax, in their heads! It was a competitive job and paid better than most summer jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite post. I love kelly's and I wasn't aware that it was this old. Awesome post. #CheeseFriesAllDay

    ReplyDelete