Monday, March 31, 2014

My Dad's National Guard Stuff



Today I am posting some of my Dad's National Guard awards and National Guard stuff. The Regiment that he was in was the 102nd Field Artillery Regimet which is the 2nd Corps of Cadets on the 101st Field Artillery. My dad SSG Gerald Spencer Jr. was a Medic in the National Guard and he almost fought in the 2nd Gulf War in the 1990's. My mother told me that he got a call telling him that the War ended but he was soon to get shipped out. He received a ribbon though for it. But the cool thing about my Dad's Regiment is that it dates back to 1786. The 102nd moved into the 101st in 2006 and the 101st dates back to 1636.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_Field_Artillery_Regiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Battalion,_102nd_Field_Artillery_(United_States)

4 comments:

  1. Its awesome that you still have such a good part of your family history seemed like a brave man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good family history Jeff. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend that just joined the National Guard after high school and is in Infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool that you have all those things of your dad, great post!

    ReplyDelete